We work with various landlords to ensure they are compliant within the laws on gas safety and inspection checks. Please see below some information for landlords
What are your main duties as a landlord?
- To ensure gas fittings and flues are maintained in a safe condition.
- Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Ensure an annual safety check is carried out on each gas appliance/flue. Before any new lease starts, you must make sure that these checks have been carried out within one year before the start of the lease date, unless the appliances in the property have been installed for less than 12 months, in which case they should be checked within 12 months of their installation date.
- Have all installation, maintenance and safety checks carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Keep a record of each safety check for at least two years.
- Issue a copy of the latest safety check record to existing tenants within 28 days of the check being completed, or to any new tenant before they move in (in certain cases there is an option to display the record).
- Please save the following document provided by the HSE, it is a must read for all landlords click here to download it.
- We are experienced at working with landlords with broad portfolios and indeed are landlords ourselves so we understand the pressures and needs associated with this area.
As well as the above legal checks we also provide fast and cost effective plumbing services for letting agents and landlords. You will find a links to one of our major letting clients below.
Click here to visit Malcolm Gold Property Sales & Letting